Sunday, January 11, 2009

2009 & Beyond: Party like its 2009!

Well, we finally made it out of 2008 - not sure how I feel about 2008, because I don't look back on it with bad feelings, despite it being a roughish year, having my Grandfather die, and my car getting broken into etc. I guess I have developed the ability to roll with the punches, which is a good thing.

So since last time, I read a couple of books - N.O.W.: No Opportunity Wasted - by Phil Keoghan, and Screw It, Lets Just Do It- by Richard Branson.
N.O.W. was good, it was kind of motivating, although I probably didn't get heaps out of it as I tend to live my life that way anyway, just on a more casual scale.
Screw It, Lets Just Do It was also good, gave a good introduction to the story of Richard Branson. It was written for a reading age of about 12, however I didn't mind this as it meant I read the whole book in one sitting pretty much.

So I guess the main event since my last entry was my New Years adventure. On the 31st I headed down to Flaxmere in the Hawkes Bay, for a New Years Party. I pitched my tent on the back lawn, and had a reasonable night. On New Years Day I finally got to tick off something that has been on my list for almost 4 years: Going to Splash Planet (Phil would be proud of me LOL). It was nice, very busy, but nice to just lax back in the pool. That night I stayed with my brother-in-law Bevan's parents, in Hastings, and went home with a car load of vegetables.

On the way home I visited my old school friend Andy, and his wife Kirstie, who were staying at their Uncle & Aunties bach in Taupo. It was good catching up after probably about 4 years.

From there, I headed back to Papamoa for a couple of days more, and then had to return home for 4 days more of work.

Mid-week I found out and got confirmation that I/we weren't required after Thursday, which is a little bit of a shame financially, but good in the sense I can have a holiday and have time to sort stuff out before I go. Friday I went into work as they have a BBQ breakfast every Friday, and ended up gettting a days work, tidying up the stock from the Truck and Trailer that tipped over near Tirau this week. After work I had a fairly productive afternoon, getting a new alarm remote for my car, checking that a cellphone from New Zealand will work in the UK, and provisionally booking a ticket to London (via Tahiti & L.A. - I also already have one provisionally booked going via Hong Kong)

This week, Im doing some work for Mum & Dad, and catching up with several friends. In the weekend I may be going to Lake Waikaremoana, or Bowentown, and/or Rotorua.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home